Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thank God This One Can't Be Misinterpreted!

Well, obviously it can. But let's move on, shall we?

Seriously, I've been looking for this song for ages -- from 1977, it's irrepressible Brit pub rocker turned punk fellow traveler Johnny G and his sneakily subversive affront to the concept of good taste "Call Me Bwana."




In the interests of accuracy, I've actually only been looking for this since June of 2009, when I chanced upon -- and posted about -- Johnny's equally wonderful second single "The Hippys Graveyard." The original 7-inch vinyl versions of both of which I had lost in the Great Girlfriend Crisis of 1980.

In any event, a fun song, and of course the picture sleeve just cracks me up on a number of levels.

And since the DivShare link to "Hippys Graveyard" seems to have expired over at the earlier post, here's a new one.



Enjoy!