Thursday, December 23, 2010

How the Jews Invented Christmas

[Weekend Listomania remains on hiatus until the New Year. -Ed.]

Hey, we invented everything else in Show Business. Including rock 'n' roll.

But seriously, people often say to me "Steve -- you're incredibly old and you've seen everything. Who do you think, pound for pound, is the greatest singer in the history of popular music? Sinatra? Vanilla Ice? That Lady Gaga kid?"

And to those people I always answer the same thing.

This guy. Obviously.



Show me a rose,
And I'll show you a girl named Sam.
Show me a rose,
Or leave me alone
Yeah, yeah, I know it's not a Christmas song, but -- for the reasons implied above -- what the hell does that have to do with the price of beans?

Oh, and by the way, I also think he's the greatest dancer who ever lived. And don't give me any of that Michael Jackson shit, 'cause I don't want to hear it.