Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday Shameless Self-Indulgence Posting

Long story short: I've had an apartment's worth of stuff in a storage facility somewhere in the wilds of the Bronx for five years, and over the weekend I had it retrieved to an undisclosed location. Mostly, this is because I needed to find some old audio and video tapes of various bands I toiled in, for ongoing archival restoration projects that are occupying my golden years; fortunately, they all survived and I'll be boring you guys with excerpts from them in the coming months.

But -- some other cool stuff also turned up and I just had to share.

For example, I had completely forgotten I owned an actual 45 copy of this little piece of rock history.



I have no idea where I got it, by the way, or how long I've had it.

But this is the one that really tickles me -- it was a birthday present from my old bandmate Glen "Bob" Allen, and as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. In any case, it's now framed and hanging on the wall at the home of a certain shady dame of my acquaintance.



Seriously -- isn't that just the coolest thing you've ever seen?