Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tales From the Windy City

As noted yesterday, no Listomania -- again! -- this week, due to onerous professional obligations. Sorry about that, and I'll make it up to everybody, I promise.

But in the meantime, ace Chicago pop-punk combo and friends of PowerPop The Safes are going to be performing in Manhattan over the weekend. Here's "She's So Sad," their newest video.



Love the bear, BTW.

In any case, the guys will be performing at Fontana's [105 Eldridge Street; Phone: 212-334-6740], a low dive with continuous entertainment, tomorrow (Saturday) night. Admission is 8 dollars (cheap), and the show starts promptly at 9pm.

As it turns out, I'll be there (along with a certain shady dame). If you make the scene, you can't miss me -- I'll be the old Jew with the walker and the beret.