Sunday, April 24, 2011

Great Lost LPs of the '80s?

To be honest, I have no idea, having never heard it, but I recall seeing The MBAs' 1982 Born to Run Things album cover in the window of a record store in the Village and laughing out loud.


Never bought it, of course, and to my knowledge its never been on CD. I've been telling people of its existence for years now, but they usually assume that I'm kidding. The vinyl is up for sale at Amazon, though, which is where I snagged the cover jpeg.

Is it any good? Like I said, I never actually heard it, although according to the Trouser Press website it's a funny idea whose execution is a little weak. And a protracted search of the intertubes has turned up exactly no mp3s derived from it, so I can't say one way or the other.

In any case, I still think the cover is a riot. Anybody have any firsthand experience of the album they could share?