Monday, April 25, 2011

Apocalypse Nu?

I don't know if it's a national thing or not, but for the last several months, signs like the one below...



...have been appearing on buses running between my home in the Paris of the Tri-State Metropolitan Area and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. All, apparently, paid for for via the religious organization run by televangelist mummy Harold Camping.

I bring this up not because of any personal religious convictions, of course, but because October 21st, the date that life on earth as we know it is scheduled to come to its fiery conclusion, is (coincidentally) my birthday.

That being the case, I'd be remiss if I didn't use the opportunity this blog affords me to ask everybody I know to get my presents to me early.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this regard.